Public Works1601 Union Landing Rd. Cinnaminson, NJ 08077 firstname.lastname@example.org Republic Services is the Township Trash Contractor. The Customer Service number is 856-234-4000 for missed stops or information.
Public Works Open: Monday thru Friday 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 Noon. Starting January 1, 2018.
The Township of Cinnaminson’s Department of Public Works provides fundamental services to our residents through the maintenance of our roadway network, park systems and facilities. While maintaining the Township’s infrastructure in an economic manner, we also strive to continually improve upon our services and educate ourselves on the latest materials and methods to service our residents and complete our mission. The department also takes great pride in providing construction services and enhancements, along with a wide range of services including recycling, and the stewardship of parks and roads.
Brush Pickup: Brush is picked up between March and October. This collection is for tree limbs and shrubbery parts. Limbs must be cut into 4 ft. sections, no larger than 18 inches in diameter. To ensure pickup of brush (during the appropriate season) it must be at the curb no later than 7:00 A.M. on the Monday morning of the collection week scheduled for your area. The “first full week ” of the month is the first week that starts on a Sunday or Monday. Brush and/or leaves can only be placed curbside for collection one week prior to the beginning of the week of your scheduled pickup. Please do not cover any utility caps. At the end of the season, your last brush pickup will be the week in October that you are scheduled, not the end of the month. Residents who utilize a private contractor, the contractor is responsible for the removal of the brush from the property. This is not a tree or wooden fence removal service.
Do not put leaves in the trash. By law they must be recycled. Plastic trash bags of leaves are not accepted by Public Works curbside collection or by Republic Trash Services.
Leaf Pickup: Leaves are picked up in November, December and April, using the same schedule as brush. Leaves must be at the curb no later than 7:00 A.M. on Monday morning of your scheduled pick up. Due to the large volume of leaves and brush we do not backtrack to pick up individual piles. Do not put leaves and brush in the same pile. Do not put leaves in the trash. Leaves must be recycled. Leaves may be bagged in brown paper recycle bags for curbside pick up. Plastic trash bags are not accepted & will not be picked up. Brown bagged leaves can be dropped off Monday thru Friday, 7:30 to 12:00 Noon at Public Works after signing in at the office.
Burlington County Mosquito Control: 609-265-5064 or email: Mosquito@co.burlington.nj.us Visit the website site for information or to file a Mosquito Complaint Form at www.co.burlington.nj.us/469/Mosquito-Control . Complaints must be in reference to a low lying area, stagnant water container or tires.
Grass Clippings: There is no roadside pick up for clippings. Clippings can be bagged for trash, bags not to exceed 40 lbs.
Snow Removal: During snow emergencies, all Public Works employees are dedicated to making the roads safe and passable for emergency personnel. Please move all vehicles to off-street parking if available. This will allow our crews to move more efficiently and effectively. Shovel snow to the right of your driveway (facing the street) to minimize the amount of snow entering your driveway. Township code prohibits anyone from shoveling, blowing or plowing snow from private property onto the streets, roadways and fire hydrants.
Potholes: Can be reported to Public Works at 829-6703 or email Publicworks@cinnaminsonnj.org.
Note: The following streets are County Roads not the Township. County Hwy. Dept 609-726-7300
|Branch Pike||Highland Ave.|
|Broad St.||Lenola Rd.|
|Church Rd.||Riverton-Moorestown Rd.|
For more information about Pickup Services, and a Schedule of Collections, please click the link below.
Includes street list for brush & leaf pickup.
Please print out the mulch form, fill it out & bring to Town Hall with your payment.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Where do I dispose of household chemicals & hazardous waste? Pesticides, antifreeze, aerosol cans & gasoline can be taken to the County Resource Recovery Complex Tuesday thru Friday or Saturdays 7:00 to noon at 22000 Columbus Rd. Mansfield. 609-499-5200.
2. How do I dispose of my old electronics and TV ? State Law mandates electronics and TV’s must be recycled. The County Resource Complex is open every Saturday for your convenience and will accept 2 TV’s per resident. T.V.’s and electronics can be dropped off at Public Works Mon. thru Fri. 7:30 to 12:00 noon. We also offer a Clean Up Saturday in May and one in October.
3. How do I get a dead street tree removed? A letter requesting removal of street trees can be mailed to 1600 Union Landing Rd.. Healthy trees will not be removed. We have a backlog of trees to be removed so please be patient. Trees on County roads can be reported to the County (609) 726-7319 or faxed (609)702-0297. Trees with wires through them must be trimmed by PSE& G. For more information about PSE&G’s tree trimming program visit www.pseg.com/tree trim
4. When can I place Brush out for pick-up? Brush can be placed curbside up to 7 days before your scheduled pickup week. Brush must be curbside no later than 7:00 am on the Monday of your collection week. Please do not cover utility caps.
5. How can I find out my brush schedule? Click on the above link “Directory of Services”. The town is divided into 4 areas. We pass each house once a month, from March through October. We do not backtrack. The same schedule is used for your leaf collections in November and December every year.
6. Can I place small branches & weeds curbside for brush pickup? Weeds are trash and are not collected by DPW. Small twigs and a small amount of branches can be disposed of in the trash. Please do not place very small piles in the street or the curb, it is against Stormwater regulations and can cause flooding.
7. How do I report a street light outage? The only way to report an outage is by calling PSE&G 1-800-436-7734 or by registering at www.pseg.com/myaccount. Please have the pole number & cross street available. Orders submitted through web forms or fax are no longer in service.
8. How do I dispose of grass clippings: Grass clippings are not picked up by DPW. We ask that residents mulch their lawns to save on landfill disposal fees. Grass can be placed out with your regular trash. Containers not to exceed 40 lbs.
9. Where do I call for trash information? Republic Services of NJ, 856-234-4000.
10. Do I have to call to have a mattress or sofa picked up? Mattress and sofas are regular trash, there is no need to call. If you are unsure please call Republic Services 856-234-4000.
Email us at: PublicWorks@cinnaminsonnj.org